Quite a while ...
Sunday, May 3, 2009 @ 3:24 PM
It has been quite awhile since I last blog. But after much thoughts, I think that I would be better if I'd at lest post something. Besides, tomorrow is my English Common Mastery Review, so it would at lest help by 1% although comprehension has totally nothing to do with blogging ...
You see, I was very disturbed by the presentation on a project on Tuesday for the past few days. After all, we spent so much time into it, at lest some encouragement was what I am looking for. But, no, I was wrong. 3 months of efforts are now being returned with torrents and torrents of discrimination. This is definitely what I did not and never want:
It was a Tuesday afternoon. Supposedly, I have third language, and because of
Financial Literacy, I had to be held back for a few minutes. My co-form teacher told me 6 minutes will do for the presentation, in another words, I should leave at 2.31PM. But the whole scenario was a 180 degrees flip. Nope, nothing to do with parallel world, but ...
Okay, so we were down at 2.25PM. And, we didn't start our presentation straight away. It was only until 2.35PM that we managed to start our presentation. At first, I wanted to tell my teacher about the "2.31 PM Leave" deal, but it was shadowed by my delirium, thinking that my group's idea should be appealing enough for everyone.
So, we started our presentation. Each group were only given a total of 6 minutes, which I didn't find anything wrong with it, since the timer, from the past few presentations, always extend by 3 minutes or so. Therefore, happily, we thought we could complete our presentation in the "six minutes".
It didn't turn out well, either. Firstly, the timer has bought a timer with him, and I didn't know that the timing is gonna' be exact. However, when the six minutes is up, he, indeed, ring the bell, making us difficult in spot. I insist that we continue with the presentation, but roars of applause could be heard from the audience, which as a result, halted us.
There, stands Mr. Greatness. He stood up, and was staring at us for a few minutes. Then, he said, in a harsh voice "You called this presentation? Is this English? Did you guys even rehearse? You guys are simply reading every single words from ... etc etc etc."
My group and I stood rooted on the ground. I was sort of like, thinking, what is he talking about? I could feel the turmoil from my team members, each thinking "we did this far, and this is what you got to tell us". With that, I was on the verge of stressing "This is financial literacy, not English literature," but of course, I didn't did that. I mean, first, we spend 3 months doing a board game that was in English and a judge doubt that that's English, second, I had to take out 5 minutes of my third language time just for this presentation that was left with nothing but questions and discrimination.
What's this? I mean, the week before, there was another presentation, and there were 4 class presented, using a total of close to 2 hours. Now, they want 5 classes to present in 45 minutes. This is obviously an oxymoron, isn't it? Besides, we spent 3 months, doing and doing, modifying and modifying, thinking and thinking, now, they tell us, "sorry, this is not what we want."
Okay, yes, I admit that we didn't rehearse, and saying that "due to time constrain" is definitely not an excuse. But, at lest they could just not saying anything, or just give us comment under what we should improve on, rather than ... You-Know-What.
Throughout the projects, there were no draw-backs. But after this, I doubt so.
Mr. Greatness, a million thanks to you. A close to perfect 3 months presentation was being drained down to drain ...
0 notes